West Kensington East signal box

West Kensington East signal box was opened by London Transport in 1948. It was built to a non standard design and was fitted with a 35 lever Westinghouse 'N2M' frame which was moved from ?

West Kensington East

This picture depicts the 'N2M' Style lever frame at West Kensington East IMR working as an IMR unit remotely controlled from the Earls Court control room. By pushing remote control push buttons at the control centre, the IMR electo pneumatic control valves are used to move the levers on the frame. If one carefully studies the levers on the lever frame you will notice that the levers do not have any catch handles.
Picture by kind permission of © Graham Floyd

The 'N' Style lever frame at West Kensington East IMR is a Westinghouse Style 'N' Power Frame and was mechanically interlocked between levers with electrical lever locking, The frame was formed of 3 x 12 way section which making a total of 35 levers, {3x12}-1 = 35 levers, as the last “lever” space is unavailable.