Stanmore signal box

Stanmore, the signal box was opened on 29/05/1938. The N frame was relocked on 24/10/1986 to control Stanmore Interlocking Machine Room which was fitted with a 36 lever Westinghouse V1 frame. Stanmore signal box closed on 24/10/1986 when control of Stanmore Interlocking Machine Room passed to Baker Street SCC.

Stanmore signal cabin north 1986

Exterior of Stanmore signal cabin North End in 1986. Picture by kind permission of © Henry Davison.

Stanmore signal cabin south end 1986

Exterior of Stanmore signal cabin South end in 1986 Picture by kind permission of © Henry Davison.

stanmore signal cabin lever frame

General view of the lever frame. Picture by kind permission of © Henry Davison.

Stanmore signal cabin interior lever frame

The lever frame at Stanmore is a Westinghouse Style 'N' Power Frame and was mechanically interlocked between levers with electrical lever locking, The frame was formed of 4 x 12 way section which making a total of 47 levers, {4 x 12}-1 = 47 levers, as the last “lever” space is unavailable. Picture by kind permission of © Henry Davison.

Stanmore signal cabin track diagram

Closeup of the track diagram. Picture by kind permission of © Henry Davison.

Adjacent boxes

details to follow.