Marble Arch signal box

Marble Arch was a London Transport signal box which was opened in 27th April 1952. It was fitted with a an 11 lever Westinghouse Style 'N' miniature power lever frame, this installation replaced the previous 1900 Edwads O'Donnel 17 lever pnuematic frame. The box closed on the 9th December 1999 whne control passed to Wood Lane signalling control centre.

Tthe Marble Arch lever frame is now located in the LT Depot Museum at Acton

Marble Arch - Westinghosue miniature power N style lever frame 1

General view of the whole lever frame unit, Picture taken in Acton Museum Depot 28th March 2009, where attempts are being made to preserve / conserve the lever frame, Picture copyright © Mark Adlington

Marble Arch - Westinghosue miniature power N style lever frame track diagram

Close up view of the lever frame unit, Picture taken in Acton Museum Depot 28th March 2009, where attempts are being made to preserve / conserve the lever frame, Picture copyright © Mark Adlington

Marble Arch - Westinghosue miniature power N style lever frame 3

Close up view of the lever frame unit, Picture taken in Acton Museum Depot 28th March 2009, where attempts are being made to preserve / conserve the lever frame, Picture copyright © Mark Adlington