North Kent East Junction signal box was located at the point of divergence of the Greenwich and Lewisham lines and is east of Corbetts Lane Junction where the Croydon Line turns south. This signal box was brought into use on Sunday 1st December 1929 and continued in continuous use for 46 years until its operation was take over the London Bridge Signalling scheme on 15th April 1976. The box was always double manned by two signalmen.
Above: The first of two great photographs of the lever frame of the terminus of the Hammersmith and City line, it also has a small train depot. Picture is reproduced by kind permission of the © Henry Davidson
Another picture of the beautifully maintained 'N' Style lever frame at Hammersmith, Picture is reproduced by kind permission of the © Henry Davidson
A closeup of the levers on the 'N' Style lever frame, Picture is reproduced by kind permission of the © Henry Davidson